Friday, July 24, 2020

Current Wardrobe And How I (Sort Of) Get Into Minimalism


This is the current state of my wardrobe.  I still cannot let go of some rarely worn item
I did try.  And still trying after around 4 years.


The first time I get to know about minimalism is through this book my sister borrowed me, 零雜物:讓生活輕盈,讓心更自由 from Phyllis, a Taiwanese author.


At that time, I read it and felt that it is quite incredible that the author can actually live with so little things in her. Her house looks like a show unit!  And did I start decluttering after I read it? 


The answer is NO.  Because I thought that I can never be like her. It is impossible for me.  I know myself as a person who is unable to throw things away.  And I have a tendency to keep stuff that others wanted to throw.  I guess I have the potential to be a hoarder.  Oppps...



So, why the sudden change?  In 2016, I was getting married.  And will be moving to my husband's hosue which is already furnished.  I could just bring my clothes and some other essentials and move in.  But I have a shit ton of stuff because my apartment was not furnished, so we have some big furnitures. So I started to donate, gift, go through my belongings.

I still don't think I am a minimalist.  But I am surely better than how I was before (A mini horder?).  At that time I probably threw away a lot of things a bit too fast.  Did think to myself, why did you threw xxx away sometimes?  However, truth be told I would probably still not have a use to any of the things I threw away.

And below is the wardrobe of my husband.


I sometimes envy most men.  They are (mostly) quite simple.  I did asked him a few times which clothes to keep or send for donation, so that his wardrobe can be well maintained.  I still thinks he has too many casual tops tho :P




No comments: