Saturday, May 12, 2018

Derma E, Natural Mineral Sunscreen Review

I am in search for a sunscreen that does not contains alcohol, non-greasy, no white cast, you get the drill.  I used to not use sunscreen at all, I tried, but most of the formulations are not that comfortable on the skin.

How I religiously applied sunscreen everyday started from my journey of finding ways to get rid of my blackhead and whiteheads.  It leads me to Wayne Goss youtube video, and the introduction of BHA to my routine.  When I first started to use Paula's Choice SKIN PERFECTING 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant, I forced myself to use sunscreen everyday.  And then I found the much raved Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence sunscreen.  It really did changed how I feel about sunscreen in the past.  I like the non-greasy and light weight feel of it.

After that I have read more about skincare and their ingredients.  And learned that some of the alcohol in skincare is not that good for our skin.  So even that I like the Biore sunscreen texture, I wanted to look for some other option that is alcohol free yet still comfortable.  


So I tried this Derma E Sunscreen.  What I experienced is, after it has dried down, and my hands are still rubbing against my skin, there are white flakes coming off.  I am still not sure if it is due to the reaction of the sunscreen combining with my other skincare and makeup or is it just the sunscreen itself.

What I have tried: 

Lotion + Moisturizing + Sunscreen + CC cream =  flakes
Lotion + Serum + Sunscreen = flakes
Lotion + Moisturizer + Sunscreen = flakes (sometimes it doesn't? I'm confused)

Lotion = HADA LABO, Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion
Moisturizer = Simple, Hydrating Light Moisturizer
Serum = Antipodes, Worship Serum
CC Cream = Freshel, Skincare CC cream

It is just weird, really.  The one other thing that I haven't tried is just using the sunscreen alone.  Maybe that would work.  But, I do usually use skincare before sunscreen :\  Would I buy it again? Maybe not cause of the flaking.  It's a pity, as the texture is quite okay.

Where to get it? 

Price: RM62.3 (may vary depends on the exchange rate)
I got mine online from iherb.  And if you want to try it, you can use my code to get 5% discounts and in return, I do get 5% rewards credit.
iherb Rewards Code: JZH115
Or you can use this link

* Fyi, I just noticed that Guardian Malaysia carries Derma E products, but no sunscreen though


No comments: